Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Why I'm Thankful by Makena

Makena had a homework assignment that she did on my laptop last night. I read through it this morning and hopefully she doesn't mind that I'm sharing it. I love her "Thankful" list.

I’m thankful for many things, but this year I’m most grateful for my home. It never struck me how lucky I was to have a safe environment to live in, but, I am. I’m glad I can walk outside and feel safe. The government definitely isn’t perfect, but it keeps me safe and I’m grateful for that.

Also, I’m happy to have my friends. I don’t know what I would do without them, but I’m glad I don’t have to find out. They’re always there for me and I know I can always smile, laugh or just relax around them. I guess, what I mean is: I really love them and I’m glad they’re with me.

The last thing I’m thankful for this year is: Music! To some people, it may not seem like much, but music means a lot to me. It’s helped me get through a lot in life, and I’m glad that I have it. A lot of the music I listen to is pretty unknown, so I’m happy to know there are very talented people out there everywhere. Like I said, it’s important to me; The lyrics, the music, everything helps just a little.


No comments:

Post a Comment