Sunday, November 1, 2009

Hitting the streets of Hillsboro

After trick-or-treating, Jamie and I headed to Hillsboro to meet up with some friends. The first place we went to had a costume contest that Jamie and Mark entered. Mark took 2nd place dressed as a toaster.


Some of the costumes were good, some were not so good and others, well...I'm not sure if they were costumes or not. Downtown Hillsboro isn't known for it's 'upper class' bars, and these included the two places we went. (Places that I don't plan to visit again any time soon!) I told Jamie that I could see the H1N1 virus floating around and that I was wishing for a bathtub of Purell to dive in to. Neither of us had a fever today, so far so good!

One place that I do want to mention in downtown Hillsboro is the Venetian. (It, of course, closed early on Halloween night.) The Venetian used to be a theater and was beautifully remodeled to add a restaurant and lounge, while keeping the auditorium for live theater and movies. The food is wonderful and reasonably priced. And the atmosphere makes you want to sit and enjoy a glass (or two) of wine or beer even after dinner. I don't think the H1N1 likes it there as it does a few other places downtown, so don't be afraid to visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment