Monday, November 23, 2009

What can one family do?

While we were at the REAL. LIFE. Exhibit, I picked up several different brochures and handouts. The group was very organized (which I love) and had several different handouts available for specific things. Things like:

How to Live - live as if the needy people of this world depend on you. In many ways, they do. The handout explained how the way we live has an impact on others - good information for people who don't realize that.

There were also handouts on How to Examine Your Life, How to Learn about people around the world and How to Advocate for yourself and others. Again, great information.

They also had different brochures explaining what one family can do, one student group can do, one classroom can do, one church group can do to make a difference.

What a great idea to explain these things separately! I think Jamie loved that I was picking up every handout, just in case I needed to know. : )

Needless to say, my Troop was very interested in finding ways to help and learn. So see, it was a good thing that I grabbed those handouts!

What about the What Can One Family Do brochure - okay, we'll try it!?! My family is going to use a suggested 14-Day calendar to learn about REAL. LIFE. for families around the world and in our community. The exercises are to help my family develop a greater awareness not only of the needs of others but also of the many ways in which my family is blessed.

Do you and your family want to participate with us? Each day I will post how we can make a difference. I hope you'll join us and let me know your thoughts. We will begin on December 1st, so be sure to check back!

Q. Does one family's gift really make a difference?
A. Yes! As little as $1 can buy 10 packets of oral rehydration solution that can keep 10 children alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment