Sunday, November 1, 2009

Save me a Twix!

Jamie wanted us to dress up for Halloween this year. I was thinking "no", but it worked out that I was dressing up a bit for the Relay Kick-off anyways. Jamie tends to wait til the last minute to do most things, and finding a costume was no different. He decided to rent a costume on Saturday afternoon. And because I was dressed as the Earthy/Sprite, he chose a Robin Hood costume.

The costume came with green tights (actual tights) to wear under the jacket - ummm, not a good look when going out in public! I told Jamie that he couldn't wear it to go trick-or-treating with the girls. He put shorts on over them and it was much more appropriate. Then, as he was finishing getting dressed, he put a big hole in the tights. (Funniest part of my week right then!)

"Crap! Can you fix this?" he asks and shows me the fist size hole
"No." I answered
"What? Why not?"
"What would I fix it with? It's tights."
"Well is it going to keep getting bigger?"
"Yep."
"Then I can't wear them. We need new ones."
"Honey - I don't think we're going to find huge, green tights right now."
We ran up to Fred Meyers and I found black leggings for him in the woman's athletic department.
"These are so much better!" and Robin Hood was ready to go

this is a pre-leggings pix We started our evening at the Flaherty's so we could go trick-or-treating with the kids. Tracie and Ivie weren't feeling well, and needed to recoup at home. Makena was at her dad's for the weekend, and at a Halloween party that night. We missed you guys!!

TeaLee was finishing up her makeup
a red-neck pumpkin
heading back home to eat our treats! The Flahertys
TeaLee's goodies
always fun times after lots of candy!


We hope everyone had a great Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment