Sunday, November 22, 2009

Owning a camera does not a photographer make

I went to the Flahertys on Friday to take some family photos. I wanted the pictures to look comfortable, and I think being in their own house was a great start. I had intended to get some pictures outside on their front porch (I snuck in a couple) and at a local park, but the rain just wouldn't let up. Something to look forward to tho!

SO much goes in to taking good photographs and practice obviously makes perfect! Light, natural light, colors, background, environment, making sure everyone is in the picture, making sure everyone is "sitting still", making sure everyone has their eyes open, dresses down & shirts even, feet still, faces forward and more. That's not even including what to do with my camera and it's settings! Yeeoowzer...

We weren't really in a rush so that was also helpful. And, the girls are pretty used to me taking their pictures so they weren't shy. Although...Kallie-Bug did not want to sit still. (That's not really all that unusual for her tho.) She was very happy when we were done so that she could finally eat her fruit roll-up! Kylah sat perfectly still and smiled the entire time - she told me that she didn't even blink! : ) Love them!!

Then comes the editing...another yeeoowzer! I know how I like my pictures to look, but I also know not everyone else likes them the same way. Jamie got me a new photo editing program, so I was also trying to play/learn that. In the end, I had fun and did take a lot of pictures that made me smile. That's what is most important!

I'm not sure which pictures they have chosen to share with us, so I'll just post a few that are perfect in their own way.


Thanks for letting me take your family photos; I hope there was something that you loved too! I look forward to taking many more.

No comments:

Post a Comment