Friday, November 27, 2009

Thankful #5

I am thankful for Jamie.

Jamie and I met at Old Chicago almost 8 years ago. Jamie had just moved to Oregon from Maryland and he just couldn't stay away from me. (Just kidding...a little.) Neither of us was looking to get into a relationship; a few months later we were planning a trip to Hawaii and having a house built.

I love our house. We worked hard making it the way we wanted it to be...and we continue to do so.

He is always supportive of me and my endeavors.

He knows how to relax and have fun with me. He knows how to make me happy.

And he can always make me smile.

He puts up with me. (Apparently that's quite a feat some days.)

He loves me. And he gives me a kiss every night before going to sleep. Even if we're mad at each other.

He works hard to get what he wants and to give Makena and I the things we want too.

It's a bumpy road being a step-parent, but he loves Makena. And I know she loves him too.

As a boss he's not the greatest, but I'm still working on him! (Just kidding again...a little.)

I've always thought the Van Morrison song 'Someone Like You' reminds me of Jamie.

I've been searching a long time
For someone exactly like you
I've been traveling all around the world
Waiting for you to come through
Someone like you makes it all worth while
Someone like you keeps me satisfied
Someone exactly like you

I've been travelin' a hard road
Lookin' for someone exactly like you
I've been carryin' my heavy load
Waiting for the light to come shining through
Someone like you makes it all worth while
Someone like you keeps me satisfied
Someone exactly like you

I love you Honey.

Simply.

Thank you.

2 comments:

  1. This post made me smile today! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thankful for Jamie too! ;-)
    Just don't tell him I said so.... lol

    ReplyDelete