Sunday, November 29, 2009

Thankful #7

I am thankful for my very best friend (in the whole wide world) Dylona.

Dylona and I met in band class in 7th grade. She thought my yellow shoes were 'the coolest' and decided then that we needed to be friends.

We've been through love, loss, friends, boyfriends, fights, cheerleading, band, Drivers Ed, apartments, long trips in small cars, pregnancy and birth. And so, so much more.

We went to Paris, France our Sophomore year and to Disneyland our Senior year.

We've stayed up all night talking and crying.

When Dylona Miller became Dylona Flaherty, she asked me to be her Maid of Honor. When her beautiful daughters were born, she asked me to be their Godmother.

All of this is very precious to me.

Twenty plus years later, I'm still happy to call her my best friend (in the whole wide world).

No comments:

Post a Comment