Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Thankful #2

I am thankful for my beautiful, healthy daughter. My Makena Jade.

I love that Makena is her own individual. She's happy, strong-willed and open-minded. She enjoys being with her friends, but also enjoys curling up with a book (or two or three) by herself. I see a lot of me in her.

I also love that she will wear bright pink skinny jeans and a tu-tu to school. Then sweatpants and her Relay t-shirt the next day.

I am most thankful that she does not have to want for anything. (Other than the Makena wants: a new iPod, a new wardrobe each week, a Kindle, etc.) She is safe, warm, clothed, fed and loved.

I am also thankful that Makena will almost always let me take her picture. Especially when she has a new hair color to show off...

Or when she has a new hoodie to wear...

I am also thankful that Makena Jade continues to make my heart smile day after day. Y

1 comment:

  1. Makes me HAPPY! LOVE the purple!!!

    Happy Thanksgiving you guys.

    ~ Kathy

    ReplyDelete