Monday, October 6, 2008

When it rains...it pours!

Boy did we get some rain this weekend or what?!? We left for the lake late Friday afternoon and weren't rained on too badly until later in the evening. I couldn't even sleep that night as it was so loud. Oh well...I was lazy all day Saturday to make up for it! : )

I had a few things to clean up and arrange in the shed when we first got there - Jamie and Chad were the last two there so it was quite a mess! Especially when there isn't much room to begin with. I always try to vacuum up the bugs that hadn't survived from our last visit, as well as find all the spiders that I can so that Jamie can get rid of them for me. BOY did we find a big one! I took photos (I'll be kind and not share) so that I could check up on some of them later...may be good for us to know whats out there. And let me tell you...there is A LOT out there! : ( I don't mind the snakes or other bugs...eesshhhh...but I can't stand the spiders!!

On Saturday we watched a couple of movies and then Jamie went out to drive The Monster around a bit. It poured off/on but he was digging away. After watching Jamie almost tip the thing over a couple of times (see below) I couldn't watch him any longer. I went inside and read for a while - keeping myself by the windows so that I could see him 'just in case.'

I put on all the switch and outlet plates inside and got everything ready for the blinds that I had purchased for the front door. See our new fridge too - it's the Coca-Cola cooler - we really like having one there now!

By Sunday afternoon, Jamie had all of the overgrown grass/bushes down and was leveling out the ground. He also did some more work on the dock system - making everything secure.

1 comment:

  1. COOL Coca-Cola frig!!! What an awesome idea! How could you not smile when you see it??

    ~ Kathy

    ReplyDelete