Monday, October 20, 2008

Walden Island - Day 40, 41 & 42

This post may have some "I told you so" or "You were right" in it...but you'll have to figure those out on your own.

We got up to the lake late Friday evening. We're getting pretty good at loading/unloading in the dark. Thankfully our neighbors almost all have lights on at the island. We stopped for a pizza on the way and were eating it in the shed by 9pm. We got our new heater out and going...so far, so good.

On Saturday Jamie had to run to Home Depot for a few items. Apparently on the way back, he also had to run to Target. He picked up some electric blankets and different types of heaters (he wasn't totally sold on our new Eden heater I guess) - the radiator type that I had originally suggested.

While Jamie was gone, I decided to put up my new curtains for upstairs. I first had to find the perfect tree branch to use as a rod. After finally finding the chainsaw and hunting through the yard, I found it. While pulling the small tree out, I realized what a hypocrite I can sometimes be. I'm always telling Jamie how unsafe he is when working with tools & such and here I was cutting down a small tree with a chainsaw in my shorts, tshirt & crocs...with no one else around or even gloves on. (Guess I thought I was Calamity Jane or something.) My little curtain rod worked out great tho - $2.99 for the Ikea twin sheet, $3.99 for the curtain clips, "curtains"...priceless...

A cute little 'Island' BAR sign my mom gave me for Christmas. (They are planning to travel in December so we're getting gifts early.)

The sign isn't actually pointing towards a 'bar', but it's the first thing I see when I walk in.

Our other gift - a bench that can be put with another one to make a picnic table.

We decided to try the two radiator heaters that night instead of the Eden one to see how they worked. I really liked the fact that they were less than half the cost, but I didn't like the fact that they were hot to the touch very quickly. The Eden was on all night and we could still touch it. So...after much thought...I put the two radiator heaters back in the box to be returned. The electric blanket was GREAT tho so we're keeping that!

Sunday was a day to sleep in...cloudy and cold...so I read for a bit before Jamie woke up. Then, I fell back asleep...under the new electric blanket. We did watch a couple more movies this weekend, although nothing really that great. And, Jamie barely beat me at cards. (He only won because he changed rules during the middle of the game.) Once the sun finally came out, Jamie decided to finally get the gutter up on the shed and fit it for the rain barrels.

Another thing I love about the lake - Jamie always cooks breakfast. Low-cholesterol meal: eggs, sausage, hashbrowns & cheese all on a whole-wheat bagel...with a side of links!



"Wanna play fetch with me mommy?"

I crack myself up sometimes...the fruit is sitting on top of the donut box. We didn't up eating either one (the fruit was probably too heavy).

Jamie put the gutter up...even though he didn't want to.


When the rain barrels are finished (another thing Jamie doesn't want to do) it will work like this.

Mt. St. Helens when we left on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment