Thursday, October 16, 2008

Early in the morning...

Why do dumb things always happen very early in the morning or very late at night? For instance; Moxie 'playing' with the skunk at 10pm a while back. OR...our smoke detector deciding to beep (more like a high-pitched chirp) early this morning?!? Of course it's at the top of our bedroom vaulted ceiling, so Jamie has to get a ladder to reach it. Then he pulls the entire thing off - which it will continue to beep until plugged back in - until I remind him to just take the battery out. Then, of course, Moxie thinks it's time to go outside and Brandi thinks it's time for me to get up and feed her. Jamie decides he's not going back to sleep, until I remind him that it's dark out and I'm tired...he layed back down and was snoring within minutes. : )

We purchased a heater for the shed (it's getting a bit colder up at the lake) and it arrived today. I have been complaining (who me??) about the safety of our little space heater that is up there, so Jamie took it upon himself to find a safer one. It, of course, is much more expensive than the normal ones at Home Depot but he continues to remind me how 'safe' this one is. "Look" he says "It even has a baby and cat sitting on it on the box!" We'll try it out at the lake this weekend and see how things go.

Leaving you with a photo of Kylah & Kallie on the beach in Maui as well as a photo of Kamali'i wahine (that's 'princess' in Hawaiian) Kylah.

"Why I smiled today" - Jamie brought home donuts and there was a yummy apple fritter calling my name!

1 comment: