Thursday, October 9, 2008

Oregonians in the rain

Why is it that people slow w-a-y down when it starts raining in Oregon? I know you need to slow down, but 35 in a 55?? Seriously?? It's not like we've never seen rain! And...it's not like it goes days without raining here!! Maybe it was just that kind of day...

Renee called me about noon to see if I could take her to the airport - she decided on a last minute trip to visit family. We left about 1:30pm. Traffic was just okay on the way in (sorry about the guard rail thing Renee, but you told me to change lanes : ) ) but then was horrible on the way back! First I ran in to Ikea to get some curtains (honestly, it took me 10 minutes...record time!) Then, it took me over an hour to get down I-84, and then everything else was backed way up. I still haven't heard anything about an accident so I'm just thinking it was because of the rain. About 3:00pm my stomach started growling (a pattern I think) and then at 3:30pm my gas light started dinging (perfect!). Makena had saved my day by finding the iPod connector for the truck yesterday, so I tried to just listen to that and c-a-l-m down with all of the stupidity around me.

I rolled into Costco a little after 4:00pm for gas and then ran in for some necessities (like Mirror Pond and chocolate muffins) before heading back home. I think I even got a sun break in there somewhere. When I pulled in the driveway, there were two huge boxes right in front of the door (thanks for giving me room to get inside delivery guy...obviously not my DHL guy Brian!) so another good reason that I cleaned out the garage yesterday.

I've finally finished up the work that was stacked on my desk for today (as well as a very cold Mirror Pond), played with Moxie for a bit and I'm now ready for another stir-fry and bed. I pick Makena up in the morning and Jamie gets home too - then we're off to spend the weekend at my parent's. I'm ready for them to be home again. Hopefully the drive isn't so bad tomorrow. : )

"Why I smiled today" - thank goodness for Halloween candy! Gotta love Twix and ReeseStix! Now, lets just see how many I can eat before I get a stomach ache...

No comments:

Post a Comment