Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Can you tell Fall is near?

It's officially Fall at our house - Jamie turned the heat on this week. (He'll still walk around in shorts and a tshirt of course.) He did sneak by and turn it down yesterday as the sun was out all day and I had some windows open...but then Makena was freezing this morning. Jamie left for Arizona at 5:30am this morning and Makena will be at her dad's for the next couple of days, so I'll be okay with warm clothes and blankets until Friday. : )

It looks like it's going to be a nice day again today (I was SO not ready for all that rain the last few days!) so I'm hoping to get out in the yard for a while. I need to bring in all of the 'summer time' planters and such, mow and do some weeding. I'd also like to get my rain barrels finished so that Jamie can get the connected to the gutters. And sadly, yes, my foot is bothering me again. I've decided that I'm just going to push through it this time and relax as often as I can to try to keep the pain down. I know it's going to be a long healing process, so I'm just going to have to deal with it. I just can't go to the doctor anymore or get anymore tests done...it's just more frustrating for me.

On Friday we are off to Garibaldi for the weekend. Makena doesn't have school and Jamie will be home around noon, so we'll get a full weekend in. It will be nice to visit with my mom (and Rudy too) as we haven't been there in a while. They are talking about cutting wood tho, so I may have to hide in bed that day. : )

I finally finished the 4th book in the Twilight series - Makena is rereading it and is already on the 3rd book! We both enjoyed it very much and can't wait for the movie to come out next month. Well...I can't wait...Makena is a little leery about seeing vampires on the big screen. She is quite the fan tho - she's purchased Twilight earrings and a matching necklace and has some shirts on order. (Yes, she is still spending her birthday money. I told you she was quite the 'shopper' now!)

Enjoy the sunshine if you can!

"Why I smiled today" - when Jamie left at 5:30am, I spread out sideways across our bed with all (8) pillows and fell right back to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment