Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Couple 'a things

  1. I used my treadmill today for the first time in about 6 months. I made sure to oil it before I started! : ) That was the longest 45 minutes...whew! (Just long enough to get in an episode of CSI on my iPod.) My foot was a bit sore, but it hasn't gotten any worse so I'll just keep exercising it and hope for the best.
  2. I also did some crunches on my exercise ball...had to put more air in that before I started too.
  3. Makena got to change her earrings. She, of course, chose the dangly ones and then we went to Claire's to get more fun ones.
  4. My ballot is signed, sealed and delivered.
  5. When I do spellcheck on my blog, the same names always come up as spelled wrong: Makena, Dylona, Kylah, Kallie and TeaLee. (huh...wonder why that is??)
  6. Even though we ate two entire bags of Halloween candy last week, I refused to buy more while at the store today. Kids will be getting a Capri-Sun when they come to my house...with a little note to recycle it with Terracycle. (Of course!)
  7. Makena started an after-school club today - Anime/Manga Drawing. (Again, thanks to everyone that supported her school with donations or magazine subscriptions!) I don't get to pick her up until 4:50pm on Tuesdays now, but she was excited about the club.
  8. We are supposed to carve our pumpkins tonight so I should have pictures to add tomorrow. We were going to do it last night, but forgot about them. Makena won't carve hers (something about the guts being gross) but she'll paint it as usual. I'm thinking of carving the recycling symbol on mine...we'll see how that goes.
  9. I'm making something 'new' for dinner tonight. Makena & Jamie are always so excited when I say that (not really) and always ask to know everything that's in it.
  10. Rose Petal Betty Bath Co. is going to be closing soon. I only started purchasing her items a few months ago and love them, so I'm sad that she will only be doing antiques from now on. (Although, I do love antiques!)

"Why I smiled today" - when I was going to pick up Makena from school, the motorcycle in front of me had a skeleton strapped to the back. It was waving at me! (I got a picture of it on my phone, but then remembered that I canceled the photo service so that I didn't have to pay for it.)

2 comments:

  1. I was bummed Jill was going out of that business, but I think her antiquing is more lucrative and less physical work! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to know what you made for dinner!

    ReplyDelete