Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Sunny Tuesday!

Wow...where did the last few days go?? We had a great time in Garibaldi - Makena and I were very lazy! Mom, Rudy, Jamie (Moxie & Packer too) went to cut wood on Saturday so Makena and I hung out at the house. I don't think she ended up getting out of bed until after 8pm! I read a book and relaxed...my usual. Rudy and Jamie went crabbing on Sunday - Gram came over to visit us while we got ready for the Packer VS Seahawks game. Good game - everyone at The Big G was happy! (Sorry your team lost Chad, but I'm sure you had fun at the game!)

Saturday was also my dad's birthday. HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD! He said he was working online or on the phone all weekend and that's why the phone was always busy...I think he unplugged it and went fishing! : )

I was trying to catch up on some work yesterday...never did happen, still can't see my desk. Then we had our Girl Scout meeting. The girls have decided to do a children's garden as their Junior Scout Bronze Award project. We will be spending the next few months (15+ hours total) planning and planting a garden, doing other projects and possibly working with gardeners in the area. I took them a while to decide on the project that they wanted to do (we started with 150 ideas) and, in the end, they all wanted to do the garden.

I got to Makena's school to help out with the magazine fundraiser collection this morning at 8:30am - and didn't end up leaving until after 12:30pm! After collecting all of the orders, we had to count up money and verify them with the magazine orders. I think they are going to pass their goal of $5000 and get their after school clubs back! Thanks to everyone that supported Makena!! Apparently there was some miscommunication and the kids actually didn't get prizes for donations made to the school - only magazine orders - and some kids were very unhappy. Makena, on the other hand, said "Oh Well." She did win some yummy candy prizes for the magazine orders that were purchase and she raised the most money in donations - so that made us proud! The lady that was heading up the fundraiser said that next year she would definitely do something for the kids bringing in donations...just that people hadn't given as much as they had this year and she was surprised.

Well...I'm supposed to be making dinner, so I should get off of the computer. I just received some VERY cute pictures of Kylah and Kallie - the Flaherty's are in Hawaii and emailed some pictures of them having fun on the beach. (oh thanks!!) : ) We did get sunshine today (actually the last few days) so I hope everyone got to enjoy it. I know I did!

"Why I smiled today" - I was the one to actually scratch off the tickets that Makena had won for selling magazines. It was like a kids lottery - they were just scratching away saying "What did I win??"

No comments:

Post a Comment