Thursday, October 9, 2008

Oh my achin' body!

I could definitely tell that I haven't worked my body very much these last few months! I got out to do yardwork by noon yesterday, but had to start off in the garage. We were expecting some equipment in and after looking at the garage, I knew it wasn't going to fit. (Jamie 'forgot' to mention to me that the delivery was coming before he left for Arizona. I know...so unlike him to forget something!) It's amazing how much crap you can fit in a two-car garage! It took me over an hour before I could finally see the floor. Of course, my recycling bin and garbage can are already full again.

Then I moved outside...bringing in all of my yard stuff before the rain and cold got to it. Of course they have to go in the garage, so it was really good that I had started with that project. Then I mowed, cleaned Moxie's yard, did some weeding and then had some shrubs/grasses to clip. The delivery came, Rick stopped by, I threw the ball for Moxie a couple of times and then I was finally done. (That's also about the same time that I realized I was starving!) I looked at the clock...almost 4pm...no wonder I was hungry! I took a shower and was off to Fred's for some fresh, organic veggies. (We haven't had a delivery from Organics to You in a while.) When it's just me at home for dinner, I like to make things that my family won't eat...yellow onions, zucchini, mushrooms, yellow & red peppers, asparagus and chicken...the good stuff! (Okay, they will eat the asparagus & chicken.)

After a couple of beers and some tv, I was ready for bed and a book. I woke up at 7:30 this morning and all I wanted was some Ibuprofen! (You don't even realize you have muscles in places sometimes!?) Thankfully I have the good stuff prescribed for my foot...although it didn't take away all of the pain...but that just shows me that I need to get my lazy butt back up again!

I hope that everyone got to enjoy some of the sun on Tuesday and Wednesday...and I hope it makes it's way back again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment