Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Couple more things

  1. We did get our pumpkins done last night - I will have pictures later.
  2. I woke up an 1 1/2 hours before my alarm clock and couldn't go back to sleep because I knew I had to file payroll taxes today. I don't like doing them and wait until the last minute.
  3. Makena wore her new Twilight earrings today.
  4. The first 6th Grade Social is today during the last hour of school. (I think I'm more excited than Makena is.) I'll be there to make sure she's having fun tho!
  5. I LOVED paying $2.29 for gas yesterday, but DIDN'T love waiting 20+ minutes to get through the line at Costco to get it.
  6. It's not as sunny out today as it has been and they say it will be raining by Friday. (Not good for the little trick-or-treaters!)
  7. On Sunday (while trying to read through the voter's pamphlet) I took a t.v. break and stumbled across a show about The Duggar Family - the family with 16 children. Well...that was from 2006 - there are now 17 children and Mom is pregnant again! They now have a show on TLC - 17 Kids an Counting. I can't stop watching it! Mostly, because I have NO idea why you would want to have that many children!! (They call it God's blessing...I'm not so sure.)
  8. Get your ballots in! Oregon voting is down by 6% from this time in 2004.
  9. No, my family did not enjoy the 'new' casserole that I made for dinner last night - just a chicken and green bean one. Makena found the mushrooms that I tried to hide in it - apparently I didn't dice them well enough!
  10. You can now recycle CFL bulbs (unbroken ones) at Home Depot - so make sure you don't throw them out! I think you can also do it at Ikea, but I haven't seen where.

"Why I smiled today" - the song 'I'm Yours' by Jason Mraz always makes me smile. It came on first thing this morning in the car.

No comments:

Post a Comment