Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Green Halloween

Gone are the days when we could make (or receive) caramel apples, rice crispy treats or home-made popcorn balls for Halloween. Makes me miss 'the little things'. Some ideas for a 'Green Halloween':
  • Organic juice boxes
  • Organic apple sauce snack packs
  • Organic fruit leathers
  • Small boxes of organic raisins
  • Organic Twisted Fruit
  • Small packs of dried veggie chips
  • Organic granola/breakfast bars
  • Small bags of beads (not intended for small children)
  • Halloween bandaids
  • Spinning tops or trinkets
  • Stickers packages
  • Pencils made from recycled materials
  • Temporary tattoos
  • Whistles made from recycled materials
  • Worry Dolls

Jamie always tells me that if I don't leave good candy out for the kids, we'll get egged or tp'd. So far so good tho! (Still always cross my fingers!) : )

On another note, it was a sad day for me (Mom) yesterday. I had to replace Makena's smaller, child hangers with bigger, normal hangers. Her clothes just wouldn't stay on the smaller ones anymore - no matter how hard I tried! I know, it may seem weird, but that's just one of the things that reminds me that she is growing up. I know when I bought the little hangers, I wasn't thinking about the day that she wouldn't need them anymore...

Makena's 6th Grade picture

No comments:

Post a Comment