Monday, August 18, 2008

Walden Island - Day 26 - 'fun in the sun'

Jamie left early on Friday morning to pick up Makena. He had to stop and get a couple more fans, as the one we found before leaving just wasn't enough. When they got back, they brought everyone over to the island. We then all decided to go down and swim before my sister and Chad arrived. They stayed with us on the island - in our tent that we left up.

After getting everything set up, we went out in the boat to try to cool off. Chad went out on the knee board, and the rest of us just swam. It was very hot out and it felt great in the water!


relaxing my foot without the boot

We just couldn't bring ourselves to make a fire to cook on (still WAY too hot), so Jason suggested we get pizza. When Jamie and I got back to the island, it was just getting dark and T & Chad were just starting to see what we meant by 'a lot of mosquitoes'. I think I've said it before, but they are just CRAZY out there!! Even with the hundreds of birds and bats, bottles of different bug spray or citronella candles; it's just not enough to keep up with the mosquitoes. Jamie & I will have some sort of a mosquito trap up there before next Spring. I was amazed that some of them are over $1,000 - but now I don't mind spending that!! I had purchased a screen type thing for the front door, but Jamie didn't get it up before it had gotten dark out. Makena and I get eaten alive every night unless we just hide out in the house. And, with it being as hot as it was, we didn't want to - but we did. Makena used her computer for a while before falling asleep, while Jamie & I watched a movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment