Thursday, August 28, 2008

Great day - bad news

THE GREAT PART - Mom and Rudy came in about 10am this morning (only 1 hr late!) to pick up their RV. They purchased a 1994, 34 ft RV in Tualatin last week. Jamie went with Rudy to pick it up and get the 'RV run-down' from the dealership. I took Momma to Costco. (Can you believe she hadn't been to the one in Hillsboro before?!!? I guess that's because Hillsboro is so far away from Garibaldi - as they say.) We picked up some goods for the new RV and then hit The Dollar Tree. Then we went back and had lunch at home...it's always nice to spend time with my mom.

Mom doesn't like the blue interior, but I know she'll have it all fixed up the next time we see it.

Momma's spot

Papa's spot

Packer's spot

THE BAD PART - I had my follow up doctor's appointment today for my foot. After a little communication problem between myself and the nurses, I asked to just see my doctor before I received any other referrals or suggestions. She believes I now have tendinitis in my foot. (of course!) After taking off the splint and then the boot, I've apparently not given my foot enough time to 'slowly' get back to normal...therefore injuring something else. (of course!) She suggested 6 more weeks in the f*&@#! boot (WHAT?!? I seriously wanted to cry) and then some physical therapy. She also wants me to wear the boot to bed (move over Jamie) as I seem to be hurting it more at night when I'm stretching it in my sleep. I am also getting a bone density scan in Sept. to check for osteoporosis, had a blood test done (checking for diabetes due to some numbness) as well as another xray just to be sure there wasn't another stress fracture. (of course!) I think my visits to the doctor's office are making me even worse!

Tip for a better life: Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day. Buy a lock if you have to.

"Why I smiled today" - having Mom & Rudy show us around their new RV. I think they're going to have a great time traveling...and they deserve to!

No comments:

Post a Comment