Saturday, August 2, 2008

Good shopping day!

We had a good shopping day today. My mom, Aunt Kim and Aunt Kari and I first went to Cart'Ms (what is actually the Manzanita recycling/dump center) and there were some great 'finds'! I found two great, large wooden bins for $5 each - an old, white mirror for $12 (I was looking for one to put up at the property but I think it will stay at home) - then a bunch of chicken wire for $.25 that I am creating something with. My aunts then went shopping in Nehalem while my mom and I headed to Wheeler to our favorite antique shop. We shopped for about 1 1/2 hours - I found another smaller mirror (that will hopefully make it up to the property) and a couple other things that I had to pass up. We then went to a shop in Bay City where I found a great deal on vintage cloth napkins. My mom was very proud of her 'finds' as well - she found a great deal on a new nightstand that fits right in with her bedroom decor. I'll have pictures to post when I get home...

"Why I smiled today" - because when we got home after 4 hours of shopping, Makena was on the couch and Papa was in his chair; right where we left them.

No comments:

Post a Comment