Saturday, December 20, 2008

Why I smiled...

"Why I smiled" today, yesterday & the day before...

PRESENTS! I finally got some wrapping done and there are presents under our tree!

SNOW! It's still snowing and I'm enjoying it! We are helping out at the Community Center today and then have Kylah's bday party and a Christmas party tonight - we'll be seeing a lot of snow.

I threw a snowball at Moxie

CASA! I received a wonderful gift in the mail from the CASA program. The designs are drawn by kids...it's beautiful!

And the following in a letter:
We kids know there are a lot of ways to give and a lot of people to give to. We know that sometimes it's easy to be forgotten when you're a kids, and even easier when you're a foster kid. We all want you to know how good we feel when you remember us, because sometimes it feels like no one else does.
So here is a gift for you, made by kids like us, to remind you how much it means for you to be CASAs. We might not know what the letters stand for, and we might not know what the words mean, but to us, CASA is another word for caring.

I visited with my CASA child on Tuesday - I hadn't seen him in a while and it was a wonderful feeling to have him run out and give me a big hug!

No comments:

Post a Comment