Wednesday, December 31, 2008

December 31, 2008

Well here it is, and it's hard to believe that is the last day of 2008! It seems like so many days go by faster than I'd like; I try to enjoy as much as I can. Of course, there are the days that just don't go by fast enough too, but I try to enjoy part of those as well. : ) I wish you all a safe & happy 2009!!

I found another article that I thought I'd share...by Chris Freytag (health guru)

So many of us go, go, go over the holidays trying to make everyone happy and everything perfect and by the end of it we are tired, wiped out and just plain exhausted. Don’t get me wrong, it is a wonderful thing to help create a memorable holiday for your family and friends, but it leaves most of us entering the new year a bit frazzled!

Therefore, with a new year just around the corner I am giving you an assignment: What gift can you give yourself that doesn’t require lots of cash? What can you do for yourself in the near future that your body and mind will thank you for? It could be that you are going to allow yourself some extra hours of sleep. (Studies have shown when you are overtired, you tend to overeat to increase your energy.) You are better off getting into bed early and getting up early to take that walk in the morning. It could be that you are going to make that doctors appointment pronto that you have been putting off to have your blood pressure and blood sugar checked. Maybe you are going to sign up for the local park district yoga class finally this year or commit to getting your 5 fruits and veggies a day. Do you get the idea?

Start your year off right by giving yourself some gifts….gifts that don’t require money but require a little thought and organization…Your health is the most important thing in your life, without it everything else will fall by the wayside. I already have started my list of gifts to me!

So...along with my New Year's Resolution list, I'd better get started on the list of gifts for myself! And, you'd better too!

No comments:

Post a Comment