Tuesday, December 30, 2008

New left foot

I was talking some pictures of things around the house last night - playing with my camera.

So when I bent down to pick up the little jar of candy canes, my camera swung and knocked me off balance. I put my left foot out to brace myself and ended up kicking the wall. I heard a 'pop' and the pain ran through my foot actually taking my breath away. I sat on the floor for a while - Jamie kept asking me if I had hurt my ankle or foot and all I could really say was "no". A few minutes later I decided to get up, I heard another 'pop' and fell as I couldn't put any weight on my foot. It seems that I had broken a toe or two...and it hurt like hell! I iced my toes off/on for a while and Jamie taped a couple of them together before going to bed. Wouldn't you know it's the same foot that I hurt this summer?!?

I woke up this morning with quite a bit of pain still. I can't put any weight on my foot, but it does only seem to be the second of my smallest toes that is hurt. There is some slight swelling and bruising...and still a lot of pain. My New Year's Resolution is to not be so clumsy and hurt my foot at all in 2009!

The doctor says to keep it taped up and elevated...and to try to stay off of it as much as possible. It actually hurts more than this summer so maybe I can lay around a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment