Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Crochet 101

Makena and I took a crochet class on Friday night. We taught ourselves two of the stitches correctly, we just needed to learn a few more. Makena found it easier to use a larger hook, so we purchased a couple new ones. I think we may still have a while before we begin the little amigurumi animals...I'm working on a scarf right now. Maybe everyone will get one for Christmas! : ) (Lucky you huh?)
after 1 1/2 hours - mine is cream, Makena's purple
The teacher was very helpful, but the class was rather expensive ($35 each at Jo-Ann Fabrics) for a 'general' lesson. And...we had to buy all of the materials separate. We may or may not go to the 2nd class.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, if you guys need any help with crocheting, just let me know...I can do that too (besides knitting bee caps). I just bought the Amigurumi World book a couple of weeks ago at M's with my 50% off coupon! Have FUN!

    HAPPY Bee-Day to Jamie! I have the same problem Makena does with blenders!!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete