Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Happy Birthday Momma!

We spent time in Garibaldi last weekend to celebrate my mom's birthday. (She graciously shares it with Dr. Seuss!)
my beautiful momma

she posed for me - I couldn't believe it! (I want Rachel's BOB book.)

Mums for Momma

In a previous post, I mentioned that we had brought the Wii with us. There was a lot of laughing (with and at each other) as well as a lot of yelling and cheers!

Jeff (neighbor) came down to play too!

Chad 'trash talkin' Makena (all in good fun)

On Saturday, we all went to the hardware store for their 'bucket sale' - anything you can fit in the bucket was an extra 20% off. Now that's what "fun" is all about in Tillamook! : ) We mostly just went along to help carry buckets for Mom & Rudy, but ended up getting our own buckets. I think we spent the most money there too! I picked up a composting bin for the island as well as solar lights for our pathway there. Then, of course, we found other little things we couldn't leave without.

After shopping, we stopped at The Blue Heron for more shopping! Mom, Rudy and Makena headed back to the house, while Jamie, Chad, T and I stayed for lunch. If you are ever in Tillamook, you should stop at The Blue Heron - lots of animals to pet & see, good food and drinks, tons of things to sample and lots of great little gifts. Here are a few photos:

don't try to pet the Emu (or ??) - he growled and ran at me!

Jamie tried some different wines

T being funny at lunch (told ya I was gonna post it!)

Chad really loves my new (bigger) camera!

just thought the lamp outline was cool here

more Wii on Saturday night - T explaining it to Rudy

Makena is happy when she wins all of the time

After playing around with my camera on indoor photos, I think I like the warmer, golden hue photos better. (Like the one with Rudy & T.)

No comments:

Post a Comment