Wednesday, March 18, 2009

6th Grade Social

As I was getting ready to head to Makena's school, the phone rang. It was the volunteer coordinator asking if I could bring my camera to take pictures of the 6th Grade Social - Of course I can! I've previously worked the concession stand (craziness!) so it was nice to walk around and take pictures. I wasn't happy with most of the photos tho - the kids don't seem to care that I'm there trying to take pictures of them, they were just running all over the place! : )

There was dancing & break dancing, tons of "social"izing, basketball, volleyball, contests and more. All around, I think it was another great 6th Grade Social!

As it is just before Spring Break, it was also Spirit Week at school. Monday was Hawaiian Day, Tuesday was St. Patty's, Wednesday was Wacky Day, Thursday is Super Hero Day and Friday is Fancy Day. I joked to Makena this morning that a lot of her clothes were already "wacky" - she said "Ha-Ha". : ) Again, I'm not complaining, she wears what she likes and expresses herself how she wants to - while covering her body! I'm proud of her for knowing who she wants to be!


Makena and friends had the smaller camera, so I'm sure I'll find some fun photos on that when I download pictures from there! : )

No comments:

Post a Comment