Friday, March 13, 2009

Banana Bread Recipe

Boy, trying to keep up with the Blog & Facebook is harder than I thought! : ) (I do enjoy the Blog more tho!) I don't know my way around Facebook yet, so I thought I'd share my Banana Bread Recipe here.

I can't eat a banana (yuk) unless they are green & fried or in banana bread. I'm always trying to make recipes healthier for us so I usually just take a basic recipe and then change things.

2 or 3 organic bananas - very ripe - mashed
1/2 cup organic cinnamon applesauce
1/2 cup sugar (I would usually use Splenda, but I was out)
1/2 cup brown sugar
2/4 cup egg substitute
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1/3 cup all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
The following items I just added in however much I wanted: organic ground cinnamon, organic ground nutmeg, organic vanilla extract, organic ground flaxseed & oats

Preheat oven to 350
Blend applesauce & sugars well. Add egg and banana - blend. Add flours, baking soda, spices, flax and a small handfull of oats. Blend all together.
Pour into lightly greased loaf pan and sprinkle some oats on top. Bake for about 45 minutes - too much longer and it dries out the bread.

I like my banana bread when it's hot from the oven with a little butter. And, lucky for me, Jamie & Makena don't like banana bread (they only eat bananas) so I get it all to myself! Enjoy! (I would add a picture here, but I already enjoyed some of the bread and it doesn't look so pretty anymore.)

No comments:

Post a Comment