Wednesday, December 30, 2009

What really happened in 1999?

Another decade is almost here...crazy!

My friend Kathy did a post entitled 1999 to 2009 and you can read about it HERE. She really knew how to bring in the year 2000! That brought me back to where I was on New Year's Eve that year... (do you hear the 'flashback' music coming?)

I know I was living with Dylona and that we had a lot of people over for a party. (I think we did that often though.)

There was wide-spread panic for Y2K. We unplugged our computer, "just to be safe". I think Dylona's parents/grandparents thought we were crazy - they had been storing food and supplies up all year. We knew where to go though if anything happened!

Thankfully, everything was fine when the ball dropped to midnight. (Well...as much as I remember anyways.) I DO remember us running out into our street to watch fireworks.

And, I remember being happy.

In 1999 and 2000 I was getting my life back together and trying to be a good single mother. I was also trying to enjoy my youth and be happy again.

Thankfully I had wonderful people to help me along the way.

Fast forward 10 years and a big WOW!

I have a wonderful boyfriend of almost 8 years that I love to wake up to every morning. (That is when he's not drooling on MY pillow.) We have a home of our own and we have our own business. We also have a teenager that almost always loves us back.

We have our shed on Walden Island . We have time to spend there.

We have a wonderful mixed family and lots of friends.

And we are happy. That is what I'm going to take with me in to the new decade.

Enjoy 2010!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment