Tuesday, December 1, 2009

What do you do after you've eaten yourself full-bloat for 5 days?

We had a great 5 days in Garibaldi with my family for Thanksgiving. Jamie and I arrived early Wednesday, unpacked and we were off. Rudy needed Jamie to help with some errands and Mom and I went to visit Tami & Kent in their new house. It's a gorgeous home and I know they are going to enjoy their time there! I can't wait to get back after all of the decorating is done.

T & Chad came later that evening. I remembered that I had forgotten the pumpkin pie (the very yummy one) in my garage fridge at home - along with all the salad fixings and dips. T & Chad were able to stop and pick up pie and salad before arriving in Garibaldi. (I'm still kicking myself for that! Although - now I have an entire pumpkin pie to myself!!)

We were up early on Thursday to start cooking, snacking and watching football. And that's about all we did - we ate, watched tv, ate more, took naps, ate more, ate dessert and then did some drinking and laughing. (Maybe not all in that order.)

No rush to get to the stores on Black Friday (hallelujah!) My mom, sister and I headed out around noon to do some local antique and goodie shopping. My sister was able to get most of her Christmas shopping done, my mom found a few goodies, but I just wasn't having much luck.

We went back home, ate more food and desserts, watched more tv and went to bed.

Then we headed back out to shop again on Saturday! I found a few goodies (that I'll have to post later) and my sister continued on her spree. : )

Then (you guessed it) more eating, drinking and laughing. My sister and I also did some (a lot) of shopping on Etsy. We were both pretty much done Christmas shopping after that!

It was a beautiful day on Sunday, so after some football my sister and I took the dogs for a walk. Poor Packer has torn a ligament in her leg, so she had to stay home.

sometimes graffiti is good

I love family time in Garibaldi - always good memories!

2 comments:

  1. I can't get over how insanely pretty it was that Sunday! I love Oregon. I will always love Oregon. And I mostly love Oregon when I get to spend days like this one with my family. Especially you!!

    ReplyDelete