Monday, December 7, 2009

I think it's only fair that I should pick out the tree.

Sometimes it seems like it takes a while for us to all agree on a tree. I like Grand Nobles and funky, untrimmed trees. Makena likes tiny trees or very large bottomed trees; any type. Jamie likes nicely trimmed Douglas Fir trees. They won this year...

I originally thought that we may go up to Century High School to pick out a pre-cut tree and help support the band. Jamie very much liked the idea because he wouldn't have to cut down the tree himself. In the end though, I wanted to go to a local tree farm. We hadn't been there in a couple of years and it was a beautiful day. And, Makena didn't want to have any part of picking out a pre-cut tree!

ta-da...here is the perfect tree!
Guess what happened to Jamie's hand right after this picture.
Yep...I stepped on it! Sorry Honey!!
a good day for funny faces
We, of course, never pick out a tree with a straight base. After a few adjustments, it was finally straight. (Well, straight enough for us anyways!)
and more funny faces
Makena got out of doing the star again.
You can see our tree from last year HERE. It must have been a year that I got to decide on the tree, as it should be.

No comments:

Post a Comment