Wednesday, December 30, 2009

It just doesn't get better than this!

Kylah & Kallie came over on Tuesday to spend the day with us while Dylona & Jason were at work. While I took down the Christmas tree, Jamie and the girls went for a walk. (I found out later that they had gone to the park without me and my camera not just for a walk.) Kylah did ask Jamie why he didn't have the camera - love that girl!

The girls had pink cheeks and noses when they got back, but said they had a great time. I made them hot chocolate and mac-n-cheese to warm them up. We had a picnic in the living room and watched Spongebob (one of Kylah's favorites, not mine).

After lunch, I was moving some things out in the garage and noticed that it was snowing. SNOWING - I couldn't believe it! I came in to tell the girls and Kylah says "Yah, Uncle Jamie already told us."

"Well why aren't we outside playing in it?!?" I asked

"Okay!" Kylah jumped up

We got dressed as quickly as we could and headed outside. (I guess I wasn't really "dressed" as I was pretty much still in my comfy pj's. I did throw on a sweatshirt tho.) How lucky are we?? Kylah and Kallie come over to play the one day that it snows! (I should add that Dylona was not happy to be working this day and not with the girls. Sorry D.)

Then Jamie got out a box, put the girls in it and pushed them down the driveway. Apparently, that's how we go "sledding" on Celebration Ct. : ) They loved it!
We ended up getting around 4 inches of snow - it was beautiful! Kallie came in with me to warm up and dry off while Kylah and Jamie played for a bit.
Love days like this!

1 comment:

  1. Yeah for snow days and having little girls to push on make shift sleds and taking photos of them!

    Happy New Year you guys!
    ~ Kathy

    ReplyDelete