Sunday, December 13, 2009

Thankfully, I have a day job.

We had our annual Christmas party at the Flahery's yesterday. I decided to bake and frost some sugar cookies and a Lemon Glazed Spice Cake. I also decided to make some Rice Krispie Treats and Gingerbread shaped mini-muffins.

I've never claimed to be a baker. I often pretend that I can cook, but it's all a show. Baking, well, that's an even bigger show for me.

I couldn't get the Santa shaped cookies to bake resembling anything that looked like Santa. So, Jamie and I ate those before frosting the cookies...

I couldn't get the red food coloring to get to a shade of red - only brighter pink. Or get the green to get to a deep shade of green. Bright pink and light green it is...

The good part was that the kids didn't care what color the cookies or the Rice Krispie Treats were - only that they were there! Wheeewww - they thought I was the best!

The Lemon Spice Cake was a bit too lemony. Plus, my cake didn't look exactly like the picture of the real baker's cake either. Hmmmm....

The Gingerbread mini-muffins, well they were the worst. They looked more like a giant blob with a few blueberry speckles in them. I ate all of those as not to scare the kids. Yes, I know, how thoughtful of me.

I walked around the house to find things for me to enjoy other than baking.

Christmas presents under the tree.

Christmas cards arriving from friends and family.

Yummy beer given to me by my Aunt Tami. (Notice it's an Amber Ale)
My wonderful treasures from a recent shopping trip with my mom & sister:
My new baby dolls look perfect at their new home.

Which just so happens to be in the highchair that my sister gave me for my birthday last year.
An old stocking. Jamie, Makena & Kylah told me that it just looks like a dirty old sock. (They just don't see the beauty.)
A cute little postcard that fits perfectly in my laundry room.
Another postcard perfect for our master bathroom; in my newly painted boxes from Good Will. I also found the small mirror during our shopping trip - it says An Abundant Life. There are still a few special items missing in the boxes - I'll know them when I see them.

No comments:

Post a Comment