Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Still here!

We're still here, it's just been a busy few days!! Early Thursday morning, we had to go to Bothell, WA (NE of Seattle) to see our accountant. Because it was such a nice day and we were already in the area, I talked Jamie in to taking me to Pike Place Market before heading home. We didn't get home until late that night.

We were both very busy with work on Friday - I had A LOT of things to fix for our accountant! At 6pm Jamie told me that I had to stop working. He talked me into going to McMenamins Kennedy School for dinner and a movie. (He didn't have to twist my arm much for that one!) Yummy veggie pizza, good movie for $3 (Seven Pounds - two thumbs up) and an even yummier pitcher of Hammerhead beer!

Jamie was supposed to help me clean the house on Saturday...it's been totally neglected and I wasn't dealing well with it anymore. He woke up around 11am, noticed how nice it was outside and decided that we were going downtown. "Don't you have pictures to take?" he asked. Quite the toss up...clean the house or gown downtown on a beautiful day and take pictures...hmmm??? So again, not much arm twisting! We walked around for a few hours and had lunch before we had to get back home. Girl Scout cookie store sales has started and I had a sale with my troop that evening. The girls did well (selling over 115 boxes) but it was pretty cold out by 5pm!

Jamie did help me clean the house on Sunday - thanks Honey!!! I didn't even know we owned all of those clothes that I washed! He also helped me with some pictures I still needed to take. Then...another cookie sale for the troop. Our weekend was then done...

Back to work again on Monday...still playing catch up with my accountant. Then a Girl Scout meeting and another cookie sale. In the mean time, Makena hadn't been feeling well again at her dad's and didn't go to school on Monday. She wasn't looking or sounding good when I picked her up - so I've been trying to take care of her like a good mommy. She spent about 3 hours in our bathtub reading, soaking and getting steam. She is coughing a lot and has gone through about 4 boxes of tissue already! She's slept off/on and had a lot of water and chicken noodle soup. : ) I was up with her most of the night and slept in her bed with her for a few hours. The night-time meds knock her out for a while.

I also have a Relay FUNdraiser - Bus Trip to Spirit Mountain - that I'm trying to finalize things on. I also have some CASA paperwork that I have yet to finish...see Honey, I'm prioritizing! : ) And we are trying to plan a cruise during Spring Break. My Grandmother's surgery went well - thanks for all of the warm wishes! I was hoping to visit sometime this week, but with Makena being sick it may not be a good idea.

I do have a bunch of fun pictures to post, but it can take forever for them to load on the blog site so it's going to have to wait. (I don't like posting without pictures.) I know you'll be checking often, so I'll try to get them on here soon! : ) I only have 2 more photography classes...I'm thinking of signing up for his next session tho so no worries!!

No comments:

Post a Comment