Thursday, February 26, 2009

Kleenex

Well...Makena has officially gone through 8 boxes of Kleenex in 3 days! Her poor nose and our poor environment! (Yes...I feel worse for her nose.) I do buy the Kleenex brand (sorry Momma) with the lotion in it as I hate to have to blow my nose with anything else. Because I read the Seventh Generation Blog, I thought it was interesting to receive:

The guide, from Greenpeace, ranks Seventh Generation paper towels, napkins, and facial and bathroom tissue in the top tier of paper products that are best for the environment. The rankings are based on two essential factors: where the paper comes from and whether or not chlorine is used when it’s made.

So, I've downloaded my guide and will look and try other tissue products in the future. We don't use paper napkins anymore - we started using cloth last year. We don't use many paper towels, so I'm not as worried about them. Toilet paper...hmmm...again, I'm a stickler for Charmin with the cuddly bear on the package! Just kidding, it's not the bear, it's really the 2-ply softness. We were originally using Seventh Generation tp up at the lake, but the composting toilet company suggests using regular toilet paper so we switched back.

In a different article today, someone mentioned using a hankie instead of tissue. Ummm...no! I'm WAY too much of a germ-a-phobe for that option. Yes, I know I can wash it but I just don't think I could mentally do it. So, off to shop for 'greener' tissues...

Yes, another post without pictures...I'll get them on here soon I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment