Wednesday, February 4, 2009

LOTS of smiles (& pix) on Saturday

Saturday was the first field trip for my camera class. We had to meet at Sellwood Park at 7am. I had been asking Makena to go with me for weeks, and she agreed...although when it came to getting up at 6am on a Saturday I think she was wondering why. After my third attempt to wake her up, she says "I'm trying Mom..." in a sweet, tired voice. (I bribed her with hot chocolate from Coffee Rush.)

Needless to say, it was still dark at 7am and also very foggy. We all went off on our own to take pictures at the park. Here are a few of my picture...


At around 8am we all headed over to Marcee's Coffee Shop to get warm, get coffee (or more hot chocolate) and get food. We then drove about a mile to Crystal Springs Rhododendron Park. Again, we all went around taking pictures. Makena and I were the last ones there at 11:30 - everyone else left around 10:30. I guess we were just having too much fun to leave!

I ended up taking over 700 photos and Makena had over 200 on the point & shoot. (I will add her photos to a different post.) You can see all of our pictures on my Picasa page (Amber's Photos at right or picasaweb.google.com/amberzpix) - I did get them down to about 450 pictures if you are interested in viewing them. I took several of the same shot as I was playing with shutter speed & aperture, so if you watch the photos in a slideshow you can sometimes see the difference in the background, focus or water. After loading them onto the computer, I also played with some colors as you can see in some black/white photos as well as saturation (different colors).

Makena was so helpful all day - helping with my tripod and pointing out some great shots! We were cold (very cold) but had a great time. Thanks for spending the day with me Pook!

I took a nap when we got home, but all Makena wanted to do was play on the Wii. : ) She beat me (several times) at a driving game. I am really bad at the Wii games - can't wait until my Fit comes in!

2 comments:

  1. Those are all great pictures. You both had a good eye for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful, WONDERFUL photos! So happy Jamie got you the new camera! So VERY happy you are taking the photography class & Makena got to go with you on Saturday!!!
    ~ Kathy

    ReplyDelete