Sunday, November 23, 2008

Walden Island - Day 37 & 38

We left Saturday morning to head back up to the lake. Our intentions were to get everything ready for Winter, but Jamie realized (when we were almost there) that he had forgotten the stuff he needed. We stopped at Sears to get some things, but they didn't have everything that he needed. We headed off to the lake to unload everything and then Jamie went back out. He was looking for environmentally friendly (he's so good) but after 7 places he still couldn't find it.

Makena and I read and played some games and then we pretty much just tried to keep warm under our electric blankets. Jamie watched a few movies while Makena played on her computer and I read some more.

Jamie did what he could on Sunday and I walked around the lake some more to take pictures. Makena, shockingly, stayed in bed and was on her computer. The rest of my pictures are at Amberz Pix - a lot of 'nature' shots around the island. It was cold (35 degrees) and foggy out.

OH - I forgot to mention that when I walked down to help Jamie with some things and I slipped and fell on the dock! Yep, the same dock that I slipped on in May and originally hurt my foot. I was laughing...and Jamie was yelling at me. Wouldn't you know it!?! Luckily, I didn't hurt anything but my butt (which I landed on). I'm so glad that that dock will be gone next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment