Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Couple 'a things

Makena and went to see 'Madagascar - Escape 2 Africa' yesterday. It was cute...like the first one. I need to remind myself before going in to the theater to watch an animated movie, that there will be "kids" there. Kids that run around, kids that talk throughout the movie, kids that suck on their bottles right behind you, kids that kick the seats, kids that laugh hysterically at the credits (okay, that part is funny)...and then there are the "other kids" that are texting on their phone throughout the movie so you can see their phone light up every few minutes. At least the popcorn is good right?!? (I guess it better be for $5!)

We were going to go to the Japanese Rose Garden - they had free admission yesterday. But, the rain and wind picked up so Makena said "Um...no." Off to the movie theater then!

I weighed myself the other day for the first time in over 6 months (pre-foot injury). I was so disappointed in myself! I like to eat healthy and be active, but hurting my foot gave me the excuse to do nothing. Sooo...I'm back to journaling my food & drinks, weighing and measuring out my food and counting (sniff-sniff) beers. Most importantly, I'm back to walking/running on the treadmill 4+ times a week for 2.5 - 3 miles at a time, using the exercise ball and the dumb-bells. I haven't tried the jumprope yet again...still a little worried about what that will do to my foot. Sadly, I spent years of my life learning how to eat properly to gain weight... I have to admit though, I'm much happier with myself now and am enjoying life more. So, that's what's most important.

Because I was pretty much lazy yesterday, I have to catch up on the piles growing on my desk. I have an all day conference tomorrow for CASA at the Convention Center downtown, and then a Relay meeting in the evening. Then I have an all day conference for Relay on Saturday. We were thinking about going to Garibaldi on Sunday, but that may just be a football day at home for Jamie.

Tip for a better life: Try to make at least 3 people smile each day.

"Why I smiled today" - I made Makena crepes this morning and she was very happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment