Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Good lesson

I was reading through the Season of Sharing Wishbook last night and when I put it down I said: "I feel really bad for those people."
"Why?" Makena asked
"Because my daughter is healthy, I don't have a terminal illness and we have a house." I replied.
"But why would you feel 'bad' for them Mom? You should feel 'sad' for them."
"Yah" Jamie agreed "I don't feel bad for the things we have, we are lucky and I am proud of what we have."
"You're right" I smiled. And, they were. I shouldn't feel 'bad' for the things that we've worked hard for and are fortunate enough that have. I shouldn't feel 'bad' for us being healthy. I should feel lucky and appreciate every moment of it. I'm glad that they reminded me...a good lesson. We will still enjoy donating to the Season of Sharing Wishbook again this year. I'm just glad they reminded me why we do it.

Jamie and I decided to take the rest of today off and catch up on our TiVo shows. (He is the boss, so I guess I'll have to do it.) I'll get most of my part of the cooking done tomorrow and then we'll eat and eat and eat! And...we spend time together, being thankful and appreciative.

No comments:

Post a Comment