Friday, November 28, 2008

Crazy folk

Jamie decided on Wednesday that we would be going to Best Buy for Black Friday. I didn't want ANY part of it...but he said he would get me a laptop as they had a really good deal. Sooo...we decided to show up there at 2am to be ready for tickets to be handed out at 3am and the store to open at 5am. We figured we would get our tickets and then come back later. (The other Jaime got in to town, after driving 19 hours, at 1:30am and was dragged along too.) Welllll....they didn't start handing things out until almost 4am! We were pretty unprepared for standing in line that long...but we did it with hundreds of other people. The 'tickets' were actually vouchers for the item that you were wanting to purchase, and many things were gone by the time they got down to us in line. LUCKILY, not the items that we wanted. So...by the time we got our vouchers we just decided to wait in line for the store to open. By the time we got back home, it was almost 6am so I decided to run up to Fred Meyer for a few things as well. Then, back in bed by 7:30am and off to la-la land.

Jamie made Jaime and I breakfast this morning (must have been our 'thank you' for standing in line for hours at 35 degrees.) They have a few things to do for work and I am sitting on the couch blogging on MY new laptop. : )

We did have a wonderful Thanksgiving and I will get photos loaded once I get all my programs on my laptop to do so.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sitting on my couch reading your post that you wrote while you sat on your couch. Life doesn't get much better than a lap top with wireless access. :) Oh, and you are crazy folk. I avoided stores like a mother today.

    ReplyDelete