Saturday, December 4, 2010

It always starts with the bottle...

It started last year at Christmas. You may remember this picture.

Me + Beer = happier Me. Always.

Then I found the bottle in with my Christmas stuff this year.


Tami bought me this beer during a Christmas party at their house last year. I'm still trying to figure out why she got me the Bad Elf one.

So I thought I would try other seasonal beers this year and add the bottles to start a new little holiday collection. I mean, why not?!? Who doesn't put out beer bottles at Christmas time right?

I first found this one...Insanely Bad Elf from Ridgeway Brewing. (Do you see a pattern starting?)

And I'll admit, I didn't enjoy this one.

Not. At. All.

I couldn't even make myself drink it. It was probably the second time in my 20+ drinking years (don't count backwards here) that I poured the beer down the sink, on purpose.

And I knew that Tami was shaking her head at me, so I found a Mirror Pond and drank that one instead. I knew she'd be happy again.

Last night I tried the Abominable Winter Ale from HUB.

Much. Better.

I'll keep you posted throughout the season.

No comments:

Post a Comment