Saturday, December 4, 2010

2011 Relay For Life Summit

The 2011 Relay For Life Summit was held in November. There were around 500 wonderful, energetic, hopeful Relayers all together in one large room. I think this was my 5th Summit, and favorite so far.

Amazing.

I saw these beauties - can you think of a better way to start a conversation about Colon Cancer?

I may need a pair...or two. I can already see a "mission delivery lap" in my future.

Always fun to see the decorations for the year's theme.

And the new goodies! How cute is this piggy bank?

And we were awarded a Pacesetter Award again for 2010. It's taken a lot of sweat, and some tears, but we are building back up the Hillsboro Relay For Life - the committee, the teams and the community!

Here is part of our 2011 Committee.

The Relay For Life of Beaverton was also awarded for being a 2010 Pacesetter event. Yeah Beaverton!

And here is my new shirt...to add to my ever growing Relay tshirt collection.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so proud of you Red! Makes me tired to think of the wonderful things you do for so many others and for things we all care about. In addition to your "job".

    That pix of you is so cute! I love you with long hair. And seriously that Pig .... are you kidding me! What a simple and adorable thing.

    Love you! If you need help with something let me know. Also I want to get together with you and visit some time. Friday's are best for me because I'm working Thursday and Saturday's at the Historical Society and just yesterday I was offered a job for the holiday season here in town Monday - Wed. with a retail business.

    Love you!
    T

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll admit...I may have taken an extra one of those piggy banks. : )

    ReplyDelete