Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Makena's sweater

Last year, Makena realized that she loves to shop. And shopping at the mall is the most fun for her.

I guess I was like that at her age. But now I hate shopping at the mall. And, I'm "that mom" that takes the kids to the mall and stays there.

I know, I know...she's 14. I'm getting better tho. I actually will leave the immediate mall and drive over to the Barnes & Noble or Target on the other side of the parking lot. (That's good, right?)

Makena begged me to take her and Hailee to the mall this weekend. There were Christmas gifts that needed to be purchased, and they could only find them at the mall. Being the great mom that I am, I agreed.

Finally, after 4 hours of me texting to see if they were ready yet, they were! And, they were starving too. They had spent all of their money and didn't have anything left for food. Being the great mom that I am, I took them to Red Robin.

And that's when I got to see the sweater that Makena had bought for herself.

Apparently Hailee found it first an showed Makena "the ugliest sweater ever".

Makena, of course, loved it and bought it.

I told Makena that it looked like a holiday, grandpa sweater.

She still loved it and said that she was planning to wear it to school the next day.

I told her to just remember to tell the other kids "sticks & stones". You know, because I'm a great mom.

She still loved it and was adamant that she was going to wear it.

And it did look cute on her.

Love you Pook!

No comments:

Post a Comment