Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Couple 'a things

If you haven't received an email from Makena regarding her school magazine fundraiser, let us know! They are hoping to raise enough money to start all of the after school programs back up again - sadly they just don't have the funds for those kinds of things anymore.

I got my bone density test results last week, and they were a bit abnormal so I had an appt. this morning with my doctor. She says my back looks great, but my hip bones are a bit too narrow for my age. So...she prescribed me some calcium and vitamin D supplements and says that should be just fine. I only have 3 more days in the boot and then I need to take it VERY easy for at least a week while I start physical therapy. I also had some blood work done today to make sure that my thyroid was still doing okay - I'll get the results on that later in the week. Boy...I feel like I spent half of my day at Tuality.

Makena finished reading the Twilight series last week - she borrowed the book from a friend but then had to return it. That meant that I had to buy the last one to catch up...I'm not done yet and she still can't talk to me about it! : ) I found a new vampire series for her to start on. Hopefully we'll enjoy this one just as much.

We are hoping to get up to the lake again this weekend. We had beautiful 90 degree weather yesterday and another warm one today; although it's supposed to continue to cool down from now on. I'll enjoy all that I can tho!

Happy last day of September!

No comments:

Post a Comment