Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Again...sunny & beautiful

It's so nice to have this beautiful weather into September...I wish it would last for a few more months tho! I truly enjoy the summer heat, but have also always loved the Autumn colors...and I know they'll be here soon.

Makena is now into her second week at middle school and is liking it much better now. She is adjusting well to the class schedule - I'm still trying to understand it! We did some shopping today after school for a few more things, and for her to spend a bit more of her birthday money. It's different this year as she doesn't get out of school until 3:40pm - which doesn't get us home until 4:00 or so depending on traffic. Sooo...then we went to do some shopping and all of the sudden it's like 6:30pm! Quick, throw-together dinner, homework and a bath and it's bedtime again already.

Jamie got the yard mowed today (one of his many favorite things to do lately) and I did a bit of watering. We were expecting a call from Shayne today (friends from Maryland) to let us know when Delaynie Olivia Hess had arrived. Apparently the doctors have decided to wait until Monday now - Tiffany has had a difficult pregnancy and Delaynie was going to arrive today; almost 3 weeks early. Sooo...I'll have to wait a few more days for pictures I guess. : ( We hope everything goes well for Mom & baby!

Tip for a better life: Live with the 3 E's -- Energy, Enthusiasm, and Empathy

"Why I smiled today" - I had fun shopping with Makena. She set a date to get her ears pierced (I've been nagging her again) and it's going to be Sept 15...she says that setting the date means she can't back out. : ) She has suggested that I buy her earrings if she pays for the piercing...hmmm, is that a deal?? (Yes, she did have her ears pierced about 7 years ago but the lady was new and did them wrong. Makena has not wanted to do it again & I don't blame her.)

No comments:

Post a Comment