Wednesday, September 10, 2008

JUNK mail

A few weeks ago, I finally got tired of all of the junk mail that we get. I get catalogs that I don't need or want and most likely didn't ask for, we get things for the two different businesses that we own (many times two of the same catalog or flyer for both), Jamie gets things for Jamie and then the same thing for James; NOT to mention what it all does to the environment - I'd just had enough! Did you know that more than 100 million trees are destroyed each year to produce junk mail, while creating and shipping junk mail produces more carbon emissions than 2.8 million cars. WOW!!

So I started emailing "Customer Service" - that's what they are there for right?? I'm actually shocked at the fewer things that are in the mail each day. Many of them did tell me that I may receive a catalog or two still, but that I would be removed. For those that didn't have a website...I called the number on the catalog to request to be removed. Then I found this site http://www.catalogchoice.org/ that you can sign to remove your name from individual mailings for free! So, I figure I'll just 'make sure' I'm removed and sign up there too. : ) Hopefully one day we will be JUNK mail free!

Tip for a better life: Get rid of your junk mail and spend that time each day reading a good book!

No comments:

Post a Comment