Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Couple 'a things

I forgot to mention last week that I had my first Caretaker Committee Meeting for CASA. This was an interview type meeting (in front of a committee) to decide if the foster family would be able to adopt my CASA child. We were very excited to find out that they have been accepted and we can now being the adoption process! I'm so happy that he will have this wonderful 'forever family' that he's been with for over 3 years now - he is a very special little boy! I will stay as his CASA until the adoption and then be given a new case. It will be sad for me to leave him tho...

I had my bone density scan today - to check for any signs of osteoporosis. The doctor was thinking that my foot sprain may have something to do with this. I won't get the results back for a week or so tho. It was a scan of my hips and spine (lower back) and it was pretty cool to see the image right there as they did the scan.

Delaynie Olivia Hess arrived yesterday! She weighed 6lbs 3oz and was 19" long - we can't wait to meet her! Congrats to Tiffany & Shayne!!

Makena didn't end up getting her ears pierced yesterday - the place didn't have anyone working then. So, we are going to try again today. She already has a list of earrings that she wants.

We bought the second book in the Twilight series yesterday (New Moon). Makena and I both read the first one (Twilight) in about a day...and were eager for the second. She got to read New Moon first and it's killing her not to be able to talk to me about it. She's even cried in a couple of spots and I remind her NOT to say anything! : ) Guess I better go buy the other two now... We don't usually buy books - we like going to the library every week or so - but the wait for these was too long.

Tip for a better life: Play more games and read more books than you did in 2007.

"Why I smiled today" - Makena was up reading New Moon bright and early this morning before school.

1 comment:

  1. I'm proud of you for your efforts with the Casa program. You'll miss your buddy, but I'm glad to know that there will be others. Nice to hear about you and Makena's book club! :-). Isn't it great to have something in common with your kids? The newborn is beautiful!Love you, Aunt Tami.

    ReplyDelete