Monday, September 15, 2008

Walden Island - Day 34, 35 & 36

We arrived at Walden Island much later that we had planned on Friday - it was getting dark. BUT now that we have lights, it made things much easier!! We were invited over to our neighbors for a couple of drinks and "news". There has been a lot next to us that has been empty for years - the owner doesn't do anything with it but let it grow. (And, he apparently hasn't been the most popular neighbor on the island.) The family on the other side purchased it, so now we really will have a neighbor there. We aren't at all sure what they are going to do with it (I don't think they are either - they just wanted it cleaned up) but we will also share the pathway as well as boat house/moorage area. I'm hoping that once all of the weeds & fallen trees are cleaned up, that will get rid of some of the mosquitoes!!! It was good news for all of us.

Saturday was a fairly quiet day for us. Jamie made us breakfast and then Makena and I spent most of the day just reading. It took most of the early morning for the fog to clear, and then Jamie went out on the wave runners for a while. I did get a bit more organizing done as I bought a large 4-shelf unit out for food, dishes and extras. Jamie and I sat out by the fire that night - we hadn't had one in quite a while.
Makena loves 'cooking' now

Sunday was another beautiful day though, and I wanted to get Makena out on the wave runner so that she could learn to drive it. She did great! We were only going about 5 mph for a while (I was thinking it was going to be a l-o-n-g day) but then she got more comfortable and we were up around 30. She was laughing (mostly at Jamie being goofy) and I think she really enjoyed it. I will be on it with her for quite a while.

I took this by just holding out my camera

Our floating dock system (J&R website - by me) is supposed to be here tomorrow and then Jamie & I will take it up to the lake on Friday. He's supposed to be bringing over 'The Monster' on Sunday. I'm not sure if I'm going up that day or not...it may be a bit distracting trying to get a 6,000 lb piece of equipment over to the island!

No comments:

Post a Comment