Friday, July 25, 2008

Woo-Whoo...It's Friday!

We are going back up to the lake again sometime today. I'm wondering how overgrown things are in the two weeks we've been gone. Jamie has a few small things to do in the shed, and then we were invited to dinner at our neighbor's house on Saturday. Other than that...rest, relax and enjoy the lake! I am on my last week of my foot splint (finally!!) and it's feeling much better. It did swell up again a bit last week but I think I'm good...I just have to take it slow...okay, I'll try. The doctor told me to walk only for a few weeks, no running - NO problem! : )

We went to dinner on Wednesday with our friends Martin & Renee - at Lil Cooperstown. I could probably eat there 3 or 4 times a week - the menu is big enough to do so too! We had a great time talking with them. (Oh - yes, Jamie did get the finally mow the yard this week, you won't have to send Nico over.)

While we were in Newport last weekend, Makena somehow lost the pen to her new tablet. That was A LOT of drama when she realized it at 1am! We looked everywhere and I found the replacement online for $35 - which Makena was none too happy about. (Especially since she is already negative with her allowance.) I had left a message for the hotel and they did call back to tell me it was found - whew! It arrived in the mail yesterday, but she is at her dad's until Monday. Maybe I'll draw some pictures and post them. : ) Love you Pook!

"Why I smiled today" - I woke up and Jamie was working in bed. I know this is not all that unusual, but I am almost always the first one up. I haven't been sleeping well, so he was trying to be quiet and not wake me. I love that we can both work from home.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah Jamie...see mowing the lawn isn't that bad...although I truly didn't think you would do it.

    ReplyDelete