Saturday, July 12, 2008

Enoying life

We got here a bit later than we had planned last night, so we didn't get much more done than unpacking the truck...and loading it all back up the "hill". Now that I only have a splint on my foot I can walk and pack up a little bit more - Jamie is still watching me all the time tho. Just a couple more weeks and I should be all healed! It sure seems like it's been forever!

Rick arrived around 8am and Jamie brought Franklin over. You can literally see a smile on Moxie's face the minute she sees Franklin coming in the boat. Then they run and run and run. They are now both basking in the sun - after drinking bowls of water. Jamie and Rick were off to Seattle by 8:30am - Jamie bought a backhoe so they went to pick it up. (Unfortunately the thing is going to have to sit in my driveway until we can get everything needed to float it over to the property. And, it's not a little thing!) Yes, Jamie likes to buy things...ALL kinds of things...I knew that when I met him. : )

So now I'm sitting outside enjoying the beautiful sunshine and listening to the birds. I can see a couple of boats and wave runners out on the lake - I'll have to wait my turn. I moved a few things around this morning and then cleaned up inside the shed a bit. Since the guys will be gone another 3 hours or so, I thought I'd get on the computer for a bit and then do some reading...maybe throw in a nap there somewhere.

Hopefully we'll get the toilet in today or tomorrow as well as finish the wall inside of the bathroom. We've already made another design change in there (more on that later)...the "fun" of building.

OH - couldn't believe it yesterday when we were on our way out. I realized that I had forgotten my camera!! I wanted Jamie to turn around and go back, but apparently that was not an option. So...I called Rick and asked him if he'd bring his for me to borrow for a couple of days. I don't know what I was thinking!?!

"Why I smiled today" - I woke up at 3am to an amazing sky full of stars! We don't have any window coverings yet so it was just like sleeping under the stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment